Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New ArtPrize Video! (Vol. 4)

Here's the latest video documenting the production of my sculpture for ArtPrize. I posted it here because unfortunately I used a copywrited Mute Math track for the background audio and they turned the audio off on Youtube. I think if you view it from my channel on Youtube though and you can still hear the audio, it really is much better with it. The track is The Nerve from Mute Math's brand new album Armistice which is great.
Last night, while working on the sculpture, I got a good burn from the acetylene torch. It turns out 800 degrees is pretty hot afterall. Tonight we will be continuing to attach the rocks together in groups of 20-40 so they can be attached to the backgroup in several large chunks. We are also going to be making the waterline on the three big rocks that need to appear that they are sticking out of the water. We're going to do this by actually putting them in a kiddie pool, filling up with water and making a line on the rocks where the water comes to. maybe I'll get some pictures. I', hoping I get done in time to make it to our friends house for smores tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment